Toothache - A Common Problem

Do you have any idea of how widespread and common toothache really is? Chances are that you don't. In this article, we will take a look at the statistics of the general population - in an attempt to see just how bad the issue of toothache is. When people suffer from this problem, are there symptoms severe or mild? For someone who suffers from the issue on a regular basis, have a sought treatment for it? All of these questions are about to be answered.

A recent study by the Harvard Medical School, found that toothache is an increasingly relevant problem in today's modern society. Statistics show, that up to 25% of people have suffered from toothache in the past. Of these 25%, a further 75% admitted that they suffered from toothache on a regular basis. In the survey, a regular basis was defined as once a month or more. Clearly, these statistics illustrate just how out-of-control toothache really is.

Perhaps the only piece of good information which came from the survey, is that less than 1% of the population suffer from toothache on a daily basis. Whilst this is to be expected, that is certainly good to have confirmation.

Statistics On Treatment

Probably the more interesting of the findings from the survey, are on the treatments that people seek to help with their toothache problem. Of all the people surveyed who reported regular pain, just over 70% of these used a freely available product to control the pain and duration of the toothache.

Thankfully, the survey was able to distinguish between those who use natural, and those who used chemical treatment solutions. The split was somewhat dramatic - with over 80% of people using a product manufactured by the pharmaceutical companies, leaving only 20% of people to use a natural supplement. Interestingly, when it came to the effectiveness of each of the groups treatments - the natural product group reported the most beneficial improvement in their toothache issue.

It would appear that the natural products are far more effective than those produced by the pharmaceutical companies. Yet, with such a major difference in the number of people using each option, it goes to show just how significant the bias between drugs and nature really is.